The Mad Ones: Traveling Around From Place To Place




   

The last time I toured with the Growlers, I spent a night in jail, played a football game on a roof top in down town manhattan, laughed till I cried and came home with some of my best pictures to date. I had the time of my life.

A few months back I joined the Growlers on another tour, this time it was a small west coast adventure. We rattled up the 101 in their old school bus surfing and playing sold out shows. We drank whiskey and listened to old country music. Traveling with the Growlers is like being in a Hunter S. Thompson novel, weird and wild. They're more than just a group of musicians. Like the Velvet Underground in New York City during the late 60's, the Growlers create an atmosphere, but more than an atmosphere they create great music.